Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > UPDATES NOW AVAILABLE!!! ( BUT OVERPRICE...
UPDATES NOW AVAILABLE!!! ( BUT OVERPRICED!!)

14088 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2013-12-10 06:27:15

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX
    2013-10-15 21:25:02
     I found out today that Autel has released updates for the Maxidas DS708 for $695!! Why would anyone buy the updates for that amount of money and not know before hand if Autel has fixed a lot of the problems with the DS708 software! Sorry Autel you wont catch me buying updates for that amount when you can buy a new DS708 for $1300 new. You are going to have to do better than that and at least let the technician or shop buying the updates know exactly what is included in the updates (like Snap-On does when they let out an update). Good luck selling your updates for that price. I personally will more than likely find another scan tool (maybe the Vedis2 by Autoland Scientech) or even Launch. I will not take a chance to even buy the new MaxiSys until I can demo it for free and see if the bugs have been fixed!! Again good luck Autel.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-10-16 02:25:57

Hello, actually we have two types of update.
    For the North-American DS708, the update fee for one year is USD695.
    For the Non-North American DS708, the update fee for one year is USD495.
    We will put the release note in our website to let our users know what is know in the update programs.

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX
    2013-10-16 07:13:38 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     I am in the United States and $695 is too much when you consider the biggest question You (Autel) refuse to answer! Did Autel fix a lot of the issues with the DS708 software problems. Such as incorrect pid information and functions that are suppose to be there but are not like key programming, injector balance tests and bcm registration to name a few. If you can not answer these questions several technicians are not going to update the DS708 and especially are not going to buy a Maxisys! Buying a new product from Autel will be a huge risk for anyone seeing that Autel can't fix the software issues with the DS708 so they figure they will just offer a new scan tool with a few extra functions and use the same software (which is the key to diagnosing and repairing vehicles). If one does not have accurate information or functions you can trust you can't fix the vehicle or service it. To technicians here in the United States if one is to operate a shop with a tool that has inaccurate information or a lack of functions (adaptations, key programming, relearns and system tests) you will lose business and develop a bad reputation for not being able to repair vehicles thus having to buy an OEM scan tool or another reputable scan tool that can handle the tasks at hand. Until these issues are resolved Autel is going to have a big problem. By the way instead of charging $695 for a whole year of software updates why not just charge say $100 to purchase the current software Autel has available so that one can bring their tool up to date and make a backup SD card. Also if you do decide to do it this way make sure one can see a detailed list of what new functions or issues have been fixed before they buy a software update.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic

2013-10-16 11:15:08 (Reply to:LEVIDMAX)

Hello sir  I agree with you on many things I also live in usa  and I don't see how they are going to get 700 dollars for an update when we can buy a ds708 for 1000 I buy them from china not here  I suggested to Autel to  brake this updates in to different car brands why pay the whole amount if I am not interested in other brands I only work on American  and Japanese cars  also I was thinking instead of telling them of all the bugs the software have  which they know lets try to pin point exactly what they are  and open a thread on fixes and bugs  for the ds 708 that way when they release the new updates we will know exactly what is been fix and what's not  and what to ask for  also your idea of 100 dollars for those interested in backing up their card  sounds fair enough to me and lets not just talk about the software bugs and the holes in the scanner but also discuss the good things like for instance on GM USA they did  a hell of a job just been able to do diagnostic on gds2 vehicles that alone save us 2000 dollars 1500 on the mdi plus the 500 on the gds2 software sub the auto detect function is great , also on honda cars not having to input a code to do immobilizer is a plus  and there are many other great things about this scanner  hope they will continue updating it  don't get me wrong I have many complaint as well not doing immo functions on many vehicles,  vw audi is a joke adaptation don't work at all they gave us the codes on the last update but do not work at all  and the quick scan is gone and there are many more good and bad  this is why we the mechanic need to do this they are not going to do it for us  the new tool will sell and eventually the ds708 will be something of the past that most people won't even remember  lets try to fix this one while is hot and not stress out too much over it  we still have all this crazy cars to deal with, cheers brothers  long live the mechanics.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-10-17 05:16:56

I can't agree you more.
    The tools are designed for the mechanics. There are so many problems you will encounter in your workshop, though we are trying to simulate them, there are still a lot more we can't imagine. 
    I can't gurantee we can do a flawless work, but we are listening. If we can't satisfy you, it is not because we are not hard enough, maybe it is beyond our reach. 
    I have asked our engineers to put a release note for every update program, so you will know what is inside.
    The idea of purchasing the vehicle programs independently is proposed at the first beginning, but it is too complicated so we finally let go this idea. Later when we are stronger, we will provide more options for our customers. 
    Right now, I would ask our users to be more patient. 

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX
    2013-10-17 11:14:23 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     You completely misunderstood everything I said in my last post. I give up bringing these issues to Autel's attention when the people reading them can't understand what one is saying!!! I never said to offer the vehicle programs independently. I said to offer all of the new updates for all vehicles and let the technician or shop purchase the new updates for all the vehicles (one time!!) if other updates come out later then you will have to purchase those updates or buy a year's worth of updates. This language barrier issue seems to be causing a lot of problems for people I wish Autel had a forum based in the United States and maybe the issues we are trying to address will be understood. Oh well there are other scan tools out there!

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    jerryslatenight

2013-12-05 11:46:12 (Reply to:jmechanic)

hello jmecnanic!, could/would you give me your honest opinion/experience with your ds708,as I am new to this tool.i  bought it based on price!,and that it was a' stand alone, I'm not very proficient with laptop tools! thanks in advance- jerry s.'

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic

2013-12-07 13:26:33 (Reply to:jerryslatenight)

Hi friend    my personal opinion of this tool I will honestly say  it is a very good tool despite all the bugs and holes it is almost as good as the original tool in many cars brands,  I own almost every OEM tool there is,which I use a lot every day  I have had the chance to compare the ds 708 with the original tool in many car brands  is almost identical  i will say 90% with the lates update  in many vehicles, remember no tool is 100%  do I think the updates are worth that amount of money yes I do  if we can get a description of the updates what it is they added and fix although I think the high price has something to do with  the sale of the new product but i am all for new technology  you can buy a ds 708 for around 1200 dollars or a maxisys 905 for about 2000 they are both very good  the rest is up to you learning how it works and how to use it  i think the ds 708 need some improvement but overall it is great tool to have you are going to hear all kind of stories but we as human beens are never going to be satisfied  no matter what   i have had some complaints my self in the past  but as of now with the new update I am satisfied with this product  just bought the maxisys 908  have not received it yet  also bought  another ds708 I thought was a better deal to buy the scanner than the update and let me tell you autel is listening they did fix many issues and added many options this time  hope this helps you any other question feel free to ask good day.

•   Level 5   
    (353) points
    yoxsan

2013-12-08 22:00:37 (Reply to:Autel Support)

$695 is very very expensive ,,,try to put more cheap ,,  more cheap ,,,more updates for customers, more profit for autel,,,

$300 is better i think so

•   Level 2   
    (18) points
    TJ3

2013-12-10 01:02:51

This tool is super for the price.  Period.
    Those that have issues need to apply themselves and take the time to learn the tool better. No diagnostic tool is perfect and for the price the DS708 is awesome.  This tool will make you (and the shop) money.  If not you're not running your business correctly.  Same for the updates: $695 is very reasonable for 12 month subscription AND 12 more months warranty on the head unit (with $99 flat rate if it is replaced).  That is cheaper than Launch and waaaay cheaper than Snap-On -- 2x a year @$1000/each, and old info that was bottled up for you 6 mos earlier.  
    We all need to reach higher and quit blaming others.  The DS708 was a new tool from a relatively new company.  Their first effort into the full scanner world was damn good and scared other companies into lowering their prices (Snap-On) and getting new and better products out (Launch).
    The MaxiSys has major hardware upgrades and is gonna put these guys up with big dogs. I'm still charging mine so will be testing it soon.

Cheers

Total2 Pages